There are many reasons why a programmer might prefer the Linux operating system over others. It is very user-friendly for coders, and comes packed with many useful tools.
Six reasons why you should use Linux
- You will not have to test on the host operating system because you will already be working on it.
- You won’t have a 10% CPU usage hit at all times just to run anti virus software. I don’t have to have a 85% CPU usage hit at some predetermined hour of the work day so that the virus software can update itself for 45 mins.
- You will have ALL of the tools needed to get the job done because they are usually written on Linux first.
- You can install new software instantly.
- The system is not slower after multiple years of use because of registry getting huge. Your HDD will not run low either.
- The hard disk is not full because most of the software isn’t huge.